Worms, Sprats(fish) 5 month puppy, 2 yr old child!!!?

I just bought some fresh whole fish (Sprats and I was deviding them into portions to freeze for my puppy, and when I was doing this I found a long worm in one of the fish it was maybe about 1-2cm?, it was curled up in a coil at the end, it was thin and kinda whitey-pale pinkish in colour and pointed at the end! i... show more I just bought some fresh whole fish (Sprats and I was deviding them into portions to freeze for my puppy, and when I was doing this I found a long worm in one of the fish it was maybe about 1-2cm?, it was curled up in a coil at the end, it was thin and kinda whitey-pale pinkish in colour and pointed at the end! i dont know what it is but I accidently dropped it in my kitchen and cant find it so its just roaming around in there , can this affect my dog? Can I still give her the fish once defrosted, now that its in the kitchen can this affect me or my 2 yr old child? My puppy is 5 month old GSD/siberian husky. I've been keeping my 2byr old out of the kitchen just incase she picks it up by accident ir something. Will she be ok? ... how long will it take for the worm to die outside of a host? And will bleaching the whole kitchen help? Thanks
1 answer 1