Religion- Aren't different people's priorities in the pursuit of truth, fascinating?

It's amazing to me that some people can really believe that ancient stories describe our world better than meticulous analyses of carefully gathered data. One person might focus on how god makes them feel, while another would focus on watching how the universe's different pieces and ingredients interact.... show more It's amazing to me that some people can really believe that ancient stories describe our world better than meticulous analyses of carefully gathered data. One person might focus on how god makes them feel, while another would focus on watching how the universe's different pieces and ingredients interact. It's interesting to me that everyone seems to want to know the truth, yet some people are more concerned with emotions and being comfortable with the truth than they are with closely observing nature to find it out. It's absolutely fascinating to me because I don't understand it, and I want to.