Is the writer of this text an English native speaker?

My English teacher asked us to pick a random text (such as comments on newspapers, posts on forums, etc.) and to decide whether the writer of the text is English native speaker, and to give reasons to our decision. I'm picking a part of a random text from Y!A. What do you think, is the writer native? And why?... show more My English teacher asked us to pick a random text (such as comments on newspapers, posts on forums, etc.) and to decide whether the writer of the text is English native speaker, and to give reasons to our decision.
I'm picking a part of a random text from Y!A. What do you think, is the writer native? And why? Does s/he sound educated/ mature enough (disregarding the content, but rather from the language - is it a high school language, for instance)?
I'm hesitating because the English seems a bit unusual (I'm not a native either so I don't really have the feeling). Here it is:
---
"It's harder for me to endure the inhospitable attitude of French people, because I previously lived in Germany, and Germans treat foreigners from non-EU countries with respect and friendliness. I still remember my first weeks in Frankfurt vividly, and the number of times I was unable to find my way, holding the city map in my hands, when a German would approach and ask whether I would need his or her assistance. In France, let alone offering help, they avoid me like the plague each time I ask for directions. And I speak French (no less fluent than German). It's just one, most trivial example. French staffs' attitude at the Foreigners' Office is sarcastic at best - a far cry from their counterparts in Germany. I don't condone the animosity displayed by the minority toward native French, but it takes two to tango."
---
Thanks!
P.S. If the writer is not native, how "bad" is his/ her English?
Update: I forgot, my teacher also asked us to guess (if possible) whether the writer is a man/ woman, in case the identity is not revealed.