How to bring a stray cat inside? should i?

my boyfriend and i just moved into an apartment together and we have noticed a larger (what we assume to be male) cat wandering around the complex. so we decided to leave him a food and water bowl on our back porch. he now waits on us to come outside so we can pet him and feed him. when we go back inside he sits at... show more my boyfriend and i just moved into an apartment together and we have noticed a larger (what we assume to be male) cat wandering around the complex. so we decided to leave him a food and water bowl on our back porch. he now waits on us to come outside so we can pet him and feed him. when we go back inside he sits at our sliding glass door looking inside. we have grown attatched to him and with it being so cold outside we decided that we want to if possible bring him inside to live with us and our other two cats. we can pet him but cannot pick him up, approach his back end, or corner him in anyway. his ear appears to be "knotched" which leads me to believe that he has been fixed. however is this a good idea? how should i go about this? i live in OH is there a program to help vetting not be so expensive? (we want to get him tested for parasites and diseases) hes also long haired and we were wanting to get him shaved (hes extremely matted) with him being a stray is that something that vets do? thanks in advance
8 answers 8