Did Al Franken do most of this stuff, especially the flak jacket photo, in his capacity as mad-cap comedian, or did he do it as a senator?

I mean, come on, you hire a wild man comedian to go and cheer up the troops with his zany antics, then a decade later... Where is the master list of all actions, expressions, and gestures that are disallowed to the comedian. It will be like Robert's rules of order, or Strunk and White's elements of style... show more I mean, come on, you hire a wild man comedian to go and cheer up the troops with his zany antics, then a decade later...
Where is the master list of all actions, expressions, and gestures that are disallowed to the comedian. It will be like Robert's rules of order, or Strunk and White's elements of style all over again.
Update: I really did think he was just riffing about the combat gear, the way people ham it up the first time they put on real arctic gear (as opposed to ordinary winter gear) to go to the south pole. (Especially if they live where it doesn't freeze much, so they're not used to it)