Transgender/Transsexual folk: How do I get on HRT?

I'm having such a hard time with this. I don't have any gender therapists or informed consent clinics nearby. I can't go the DIY route because it's far too dangerous.

• Emma
    Favorite Answer

How do I get on HRT?

You need a dr, usually endocrinologist, any reputable dr will require a letter of recommendation for someone that has not already been on hrt for a year or two.

"I don't have any gender therapists"

Any therapist willing to work with you, willing to update them self on what they need to know and do, will do, someone with experience is always best. There is no substitute for your own common sense in all aspects of the process.

If there is no one in your area, there are always doctors willing to work over the internet, I'm old school I want to sit in their office, you best bet is to travel or move if possible.

"I don't have any gender therapists or informed consent clinics nearby."

Where do you live?

You need to find a therapist and be referred to a doctor.

You should rather give up this silly idea.

Travel I guess.

You need to get diagnosed with gender dysphoria to start HRT. Where are you from that there aren't gender therapists?