Glucosamine to health horses?

I decided to put my horse on glucosamine a few months ago and he has been taking it daily. He doesn't have any arthritis or joint pain he is simply on it to promote joint movement and to just all around make him feel good. Recently I over heard someone saying their horse has arthritis and is on glucosamine.... show more I decided to put my horse on glucosamine a few months ago and he has been taking it daily.
He doesn't have any arthritis or joint pain he is simply on it to promote joint movement and to just all around make him feel good.
Recently I over heard someone saying their horse has arthritis and is on glucosamine. The lady she was talking to asked her if he was on it everyday and she said no.
Now I'm question why? Is it bad to have a horse on glucosamine everyday if they have no arthritis or any past joint issues? He's on glucosamine with MSM and he also takes a multi vitamin (just for healthier coat and also I was told horses can't take glucosamine without vitamin E)