Teens being tried as adults?

3 teens are being charged as adults in a deadly beating of a homeless man. I don’t believe they should be tried as adults. There should be order in this country, and the justice system shouldn’t be able to change the rules in this country. Apart from this case do you believe teens should be tried as adults and why or why not?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

Yes as many commit crimes in the belief that they, due to their age, feel that they are above the law. Examples need to be made.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

lol

• Mercy
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

NO they shouldn't. There is no rehab going on for adults. The teens will learn more crime from the adults there.

They are teens ; they may be able to be "fixed"; give them a chance.

Source(s): 20 years working in a jail with teens
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

http://abc7chicago.com/3-teens-charged-in-homeless...

I presume this is the case ? Its in America I see. The rules in America are different.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

UK law treats persons over 18 as adults, and this seems perfectly reasonable. The fact that one was found unfit to plead - I would guess by virtue of mental incapacity - suggests that the safeguards built into the British criminal justice system are working.

For what it's worth, I hope that if found guilty, they will be given the maximum tariff applicable to horrendous offences of this kind, both as a warning to others and for protection of members of the public.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Old enough to do the crime

is old enough to do the time

End of

• 2 years ago

Depends on what terrible thing , was done. and any thing previous, In the USA teenagers get this treatment for dreadful crimes,

• martin
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

In general, they should not. But in outrageous cases, the public demands justice. The District Attorney and the courts are sensitive to public opinion.

• 2 years ago

The Justice system can't just change the rules just like that for teenagers. It would need a new act of parliament.

Young people aged 18 are treated as an adult by the law.

If they’re sent to prison, they’ll be sent to a place that holds 18 to 25-year-olds, not a full adult prison.

• Lv 5
      2 years agoReport

Rubbish you don't know what you're talking about

• 2 years ago

Why did they "MURDER" a homeless man?

• Should I give you their phone numbers so you can ask them?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.