Philosophy Exam Question - PLEASE HELP pt.2?

Please give me overall information for each question please, I really need it for my exam Thank you 15) Why does Descartes need the Dream Argument to show that he cannot trust his senses if he already has established that his senses sometimes deceive him? 16) Explain Descartes’ wax example. What point is this... show more Please give me overall information for each question please, I really need it for my exam
Thank you

15) Why does Descartes need the Dream Argument to show that he cannot trust his senses if he already has established that his senses sometimes deceive him?
16) Explain Descartes’ wax example. What point is this example trying to make?
17) How does Berkeley distinguish between what is real and what is not?
18) Q: Bostrom asks us to consider the following three statements:
Species will probably go extinct before they develop the technology
Given the technology, almost no species will run such simulations
We’re almost certainly in a computer simulation
Explain Bostrom’s argument for the simulation hypothesis.
19) Explain Williams’ claim that it is reasonable to extend one's fears to future pain regardless of whatever psychological changes will precede it.
20) Explain the Psychological, Physical, and Combined spectrum examples that Parfit uses. What is the point of these examples?
21) Explain Hume’s problem of Induction
22) What is the difference between science and pseudoscience, according to Popper?
23) According to Laudan, what was wrong with Judge Overton’s ruling?
1 answer 1