Philosophy Exam Question - PLEASE HELP?
2) How does Taylor argue that his application of the PSR to the universe avoids the fallacy of composition?
3) Why does Paley think that “being there for ever” can explain why a rock is in the woods, but not a watch?
4) Why does Hume conclude that according to the argument from design, God must be finite?
5) What roles does reason play in Pascal’s argument for belief in God? What are the limitations of reason for Pascal? NOTE: You can assume the reader knows the details of Pascal’s wager for your answer.
6) Explain how van Inwagen’s simple free will defense is supposed to dissolve the problem of evil. Where does this defense fail?
7) How does Hick account for non-moral evil in the world?
8) What is Holbach’s view regarding free will? According to Holbach, why do we think we have free will?
9) How does Ayer reconcile free will with determinism?
10) Explain what Agent Causation is. How does it account for free will?
11) What is the difference between an a priori and an a posteriori fact?
12) What is the difference between a valid argument and a sound argument? Provide examples to clarify your answer.–›
13) What is abduction (inference to the best explanation)? Illustrate your definition with an example.
14) How do we gain true knowledge, according to Plato/Socrates?