Why is my newly adopted ferret so low on energy......seems very sad?

I recently adopted a ferret that stumbled into my backyard, none of my neighbors claimed him so I decided to keep him. I immediately took him to the vet to get them checked out to make sure there was nothing wrong with him. He had a very high fever something had laid eggs on his neck that would’ve turn into... show more I recently adopted a ferret that stumbled into my backyard, none of my neighbors claimed him so I decided to keep him. I immediately took him to the vet to get them checked out to make sure there was nothing wrong with him. He had a very high fever something had laid eggs on his neck that would’ve turn into maggots and he had a louse in his stool. He was given some anti-inflammatory meds as well as some antibiotics to bring home for him. I am completely new to owning a ferret but he has been an absolute joy the past two days. I don’t know if he was dumped or got out of somebody’s home but he seems to be so sad and not very playful. Is he just getting over his illness? Or is he sad because he lost his home and maybe his mate? I will definitely consider getting a second because I want to make him as happy as possible but I just want to make sure that it’s not something else before I invest in a second ferret. I know they preferred to be in twos but I’ve read as long as they are given plenty of activity they can be happy on their own. I have two cats who are absolutely afraid of him and two dogs that are so interested in happy to have them here. I was just hoping he would have a bit more energy and be more playful but I am giving him time to recuperate first. Any thoughts would be great thank you. I will definitely consider getting a second because I want to make him as happy as possible but I just want to make sure that it’s not something else before I invest in another one.