Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

My 10 year old knows the bible better than all the elders at our Kingdom Hall. Can he be baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses now?

40 Answers

Relevance
  • Barney
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

There is more to qualifying for baptism than knowing what the Bible says.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

What a ridiculous question to ask here IF you are a member of that cult. Just ask THEM. If you are not then why do anything to encourage him to join them? If he really knows the bible well (and it is NOT their own version) he will be wise to stay clear of them FOR EVER.

• 2 years ago

NO BAIT QUESTION! JUST TRUTH in its powerful model and actions & teachings as Jesus set for us!

(1 Peter 2:21-23) “21 In fact, to this [course] YOU were called, because even Christ suffered for YOU, leaving YOU a MODEL for YOU to follow his steps closely. 22 He committed no sin, nor was deception found in his mouth. 23 When he was being reviled, he did not go reviling in return. When he was suffering, he did not go threatening, but kept on committing himself to the one who judges righteously.”

Note the powerful direction & non-Hippocratic attitude urged on all true Christians::

(Colossians 4:5-7) “5 Go on walking in wisdom toward those on the outside, buying out the opportune time for yourselves. 6 Let YOUR utterance be always with graciousness, seasoned with salt, so as to know how YOU ought to give an answer to each one" . . .”

• Grey Tower
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

Where did Jesus instruct 10 year olds' to be baptised and sign up to joining an organisation?

• P
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

This is a joke!

• Hoppy2 years agoReport

weren't baptised until adults: a fact + I believe example for us. You've blocked me so have answered in Comments, ask yourself why you've blocked me, truth hurts?!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

If he knows 2 Kings 20 & Matthew 4:8, where the events described would be best described as happening on a FLAT Earth, he is well on his way to becoming an atheist.

No point in having him baptized, as it is a man-made ritual, based on man-made stories about man-made Beings.

Along with training him to be a Bible-examining atheist, are you also training him to be an Internet Troll?

• @ A 2nd Witness: Bible does not say they were visions. Bible says they were events. Unless you are teaching and preaching that any unlikely event was just a vision. Which could have gotten you burned as a heretic in the GOOD Old Days.

• spider
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

If you are not being facetious, why don't you tell the elders. Have your son joined the school? Does he have complete understanding of what dedication and baptism mean and the responsibility of being one of Jehovah Witnesses? It is more to getting baptized than knowing the Bible you also have to know how to apply it.

• Hoppy2 years agoReport

Asker, I'm NOT JW and be honest: neither are you!

• Meg
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

Troll question

• Grey Tower
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

You are absolutely right - but after I answered 4 hours ago to make that very point, my answer disappeared and I lost 10 points. I didn't say anything nasty or personal either. But the Jdubs are out to get everybody who disagrees with them.

• John P
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

The best people t ask are the elders at that hall.

• 2 years ago

Give him more time to re-consider - at least until age 16.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Probably

• Hoppy2 years agoReport

I wonder how balanced this kid's life is, I suspect OVERKILL on JW indoctrination as in other churches; is your kid immersed in science/maths/technology /involved in sport, have a hobby? Probably not, sadly + destructively so!...I've answered via Comment as you've blocked me or Yahoo is kaput-again!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.