Is it just me or are a lot of guys very invalidating of women's feelings?

A lot of the men in my life have been extremely invalidating, even my own father. He didn't believe that my periods were that bad (even though I became extremely anemic, would pass out, had to be hospitalized, etc) and as a result he wouldn't let me take birth control to help. I have a blog now and... show more A lot of the men in my life have been extremely invalidating, even my own father. He didn't believe that my periods were that bad (even though I became extremely anemic, would pass out, had to be hospitalized, etc) and as a result he wouldn't let me take birth control to help. I have a blog now and I'll talk about my life sometimes. But every time I post about my experiences with sexual assault or my experience with horrible periods my inbox is flooded with angry men. "We get kicked in the balls!", "Men get raped too!", "You don't know pain! I dislocated my shoulder!" "We lose custody more!" It's dozens of messages for EVERY SINGLE POST I make about what I've been through. I see it happening with other girls too. I don't understand what they get out of trying to make every a contest.