Smelly gas coming out of shower drain making me sick and dizzy.?

Just moved into this house. Homes around here usually have this sort of smell, I've bought two previous in same city and I always had some form of it. This is really bad this time though. It's coming from the shower from 8pm to about 5:30 am. It's coming from master shower. I was sleeping and woke up... show more Just moved into this house. Homes around here usually have this sort of smell, I've bought two previous in same city and I always had some form of it. This is really bad this time though. It's coming from the shower from 8pm to about 5:30 am. It's coming from master shower. I was sleeping and woke up sick and dizzy. I put on the bathroom fan and closed up the tub and faucets. It was coming from the shower though and it's a strange drain, don't think I can find a plug for it...didn't help so I had to open a window and it was freezing. So from what I hear it's either a dried out u trap or a leak in the u trap? Will this be easy for a plumber to diagnose and fix? It's been making me really sick and I've had to sleep in the living room now.