Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 years ago

What is your favorite line in a movie?

Best Answer

“I could have been a contender… I could have been a somebody…”

From On The Waterfront, 1954.

• aladdinwa
      2 years agoReport

"I could have been somebody!" Not "...a somebody". Watch the movie, again.

Any idea is a good idea, except the not happy ones. Those we push down deep inside where you never, ever, ever, ever EVER find them!

Unikitty from Lego Movie

"Fight! Fight! Fight! For Washington State" - The Communist Army, Volunteers

1. "They say there's just enough religion in the world to make men hate one another, but not enough to make them love."

- Louis Cyphre, "Angel Heart"

2. "It was Keyser Soze, Agent Kujan; I mean, the Devil himself. How do you shoot the Devil in the back? What if you miss?"

- Roger "Verbal" Kint, "The Usual Suspects"

3. "Look, we're not worried about the German Army, we've got enough troubles of our own. To the right, General Patton. To the left, the British Army. To the rear, our own goddamn artillery. And, on top of all that, it's raining. And the only good thing to say about the weather is that it keeps our Air Corps from blowing us all to hell because it's too lousy to fly! Verstehen?!?"

- Big Joe, "Kelly's Heroes"

Idk too many lol

"My mother told me, 'In this life, Elwood,' she always called me Elwood; 'in this life you must be oh, so smart or oh, so pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me." - Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in Harvey.

The one that's least crowded

"That's part of your problem: you haven't seen enough movies. All of life's riddles are answered in the movies. " - Davis (Steve Martin), Grand Canyon (1991)

I don't know if I have a single favorite, but the last line of this clip is certainly one of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh0exWqvxeI

Youtube thumbnail

(And John Huston's Noah Cross was one of the most evil movie villains ever. What a performance.)

Nicolas Cage, who has the unique ability to flip the emotional switch at a moment's notice, in "Honeymoon in Vegas" shouts what I was thinking when I saw this scene ... "He lives in a shack!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-f6K1NUyrQ

Youtube thumbnail

From Tommy Boy

"D+...Oh my God...I passed! I got a D+! I'm gonna graduate!"