Am I wrong? Grandma needs to stay in grandma's place?

Since my first born, their grandma (father's mom) has been overstepping her boundaries from the beginning. Now I do have resentment because she was so quick to deny my first born and didn't want nothing to do with him while I was pregnant. Now she won't let me be the parent. When he was first born, she... show more Since my first born, their grandma (father's mom) has been overstepping her boundaries from the beginning. Now I do have resentment because she was so quick to deny my first born and didn't want nothing to do with him while I was pregnant. Now she won't let me be the parent. When he was first born, she was trying to be in control so bad. Ex: I was breastfeeding him and he would be so fussy (all he wanted was the breast) but she would take him and think it was everything else wrong. Let him cry for an hour because she wanted to just have him all the time to only realize he wanted the breast. She hated that me and her son was together and did everything to break us up. It was terrible. Now my son is six and she tries to intervene on everything when half the time I already beat her to the punch. She feels as if it's her and her son child and he's not man enough to step up to her because he's definitely a mommies boy. And then when I tell her that I can handle my son, she talks as if I'm not capable. I know she genuinely cares. But let me do what I have to for my son. My son is really a great student and amazing young man. I just don't feel like she needs to try to take over everything I do for him. She don't help any other way she don't be there for him when I really need someone there, like babysitting or if I need help with getting him little things But when it's time for a spotlight at his school, she wants to bombard in like she's the parent. Am I wrong ?
8 answers 8