Bill asked in TravelMexicoOther - Mexico · 2 years ago

Is Mexico also referred to as The United States of Mexico?

I was in a Mexican restaurant recently and there was an art like plaque on the wall behind the cash register that said United States of Mexico. I hope this is another name for Mexico and not what the restaurant owners hope to someday call America. In other words, do they hope someday it will not be The United States of America and that we will instead be the United States of Mexico? Or, is Mexico also referred to as The United States of Mexico. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Hello, I used to travel alot to central Mexico with my father in the sixties and seventies to the interior of Mexico and would see these coins with what you mentioned. The official name of Mexico is Los Estados Unidos Mexicanos as compared to the United States of America which they separate as EE.UU. This is more correct today, now that the European Union is in existence.

• Bill2 years agoReport

Thanks very much! I had never heard of Mexico being called anything other than Mexico. Very good to know and educational. Thanks again and best answer!

• Millie

It obviously means the United States of Mexico. Technically you are the United states of North America. You are reading something into a normal sign that has nothing to do with what you are thinking. Look at their money............what does it say on there?

Source(s): psychology

Stop being paranoid! Yes, it's officially the United States of Mexico- a collection of states, such as Guanajuato, Yucatan, Campeche, etc. We're not the only country that consists of states. You could have easily looked this up, so I have to assume you just wanted to post your negative assumptions about people from Mexico.

• Bill2 years agoReport

You are wrong. I did not know or understand per the topic at hand. Yahoo answers is for people who have questions.