Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 3 years ago

Help me pick a movie please?

I’m so bored and I can’t pick a damn movie I like period dramas, period romances, movies set in ww1-ww2 basically I like movies set In old times but not filmed long ago like the earliest I’ll watch is 1980 I hate the bad picture quality and how fake everything looks of anything earlier I also like movies set in Ancient Greece and Rome I also like fantasy movies like narnia with mythical beasts oh how they make my image run wild here’s some of my all time favourite movies to give u an idea of what I like

1, Angela’s ashes

2,agora

3,300

4,the book theif

5,Hercules

6, quest for fire

7,the other bolyn girl

8, 12 years a slave

9,the passion of Christ

10, The pianists

There’s more but I can’t remember

My favourite shows are game of thrones, outlander, the white princess and poldark

Favorite Answer

--World Wars One & Two: The Pianist, The Reader, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, The English Patient, Enemy at the Gate, Empire of the Sun, The Eye of the Needle, War Horse, The Very Long Engagement, Joyeux Noel, Atonement

--Ancient Greece/Rome etc: The Eagle, Gladiator, Centurion, The 13th Warrior, Vikings (TV mini-series), Rome (HBO mini-series), Kingdom of Heaven, Eric the Viking (comedy)

--Costume/Period Romances, Comedies & Drama: My Cousin Rachel, Persuasion (Ciaran Hinds & Amanda Root), Her Majesty Mrs Brown, The Age of Innocence, Dangerous Liaisons, An Ideal Husband, The End of the Affair, Amadeus, Widow's Peak, Immortal Beloved, Bright Star, Brooklyn, Cider House Rules, The Count of Monte Cristo (Jim Caviezel), Cold Mountain, Daniel Deronda (w/ Romula Garai), The Golden Bowl (w/ Uma Thurman), Much Ado About Nothing (Branagh), Moulin Rouge, Wings of the Dove, Remains of the Day (Helena Bonham Carter), Vanity Fair (Romula Garai), Angel (Romula Garai), Edward Scissorhands (semi-period piece), Far From the Madding Crowd (Carey Mulligan), The Mayor of Casterbridge (Ciaran Hinds), The Four Feathers (Heath Ledger), The Great Gatsby (DiCaprio), Lady Jane (Helena Bonham Carter), Elizabeth (Cate Blanchett), The Importance of Being Earnest (Reese Witherspoon), Like Water For Elephants (Reese Witherspoon), Cold Comfort Farm, Dances With Wolves, The Prestige, The Illusionist, Jane Eyre (William Hurt, 1996), In the Name of the Rose (Sean Connery), King Arthur (Clive Owen), Kingdom of Heaven, The King's Speech, Last of the Mohicans (Daniel Day Lewis), Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day, Nicholas Nickleby (Hunnam, Bell, Plummer), A Passage to India, The Painted Veil, The Red Violin, Restoration, Tom Jones (mini-series, Samantha Morton), Tuck Everlasting (Cissy Spacek), The Young Victoria (Emily Blunt), Dead Again (Branagh & Thompson).

--Historical: The New World (Colin Farrell), Amistad, Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee (HBO movie, Adam Beach), Glory, Luther (Fiennes), Lady Jane (Bonham Carter), Elizabeth (Cate Blanchett), Elizabeth the Golden Age (Blanchett), Marie Antoinette (Kirsten Dunst)

--Rom-Com &/or Modern Romance: Hero (Dustin Hoffman & Gena Davis), Crossing DeLancey (Amy Irving), Sweet Revenge (Bonham Carter), Music & Lyrics, Serendipity, Lost in Translation, Ghost World, Groundhogs Day, Moonrise Kingdom, The Lake House (Bullock), The Notebook, Premonition (Bullock), My Life in Ruins, My Big Fat Greek Wedding 1 & 2, Once, Stranger than Fiction, The Terminal, The Family Stone, Strictly Ballroom (Australian), Warm Bodies

--Foreign: Eat Drink Man Woman, The Wedding Banquet, Run Lola Run, Pan's Labyrinth, Cinema Paradiso, Talk to Her, Ridicule, The Horseman on the Roof, The Road Home (Chinese), Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Hero, The Red Violin, Trois Couleurs: Bleu, Blanc, Rouge (Three Colors: Blue, White and Red, 3 films, watch in order)

--Multi-Cultural: The Joy Luck Club, The Wedding Banquet, The Red Violin, Grand Canyon

--Slice of Life: Nobody's Fool (Paul Newman, Jessica Tandy), Saving Miss Daisy, Ghost World

--Old Classics to at least consider: Rebecca (Laurence Olivier & Joan Fontaine), Rear Window (Hitchcock), Vertigo (Hitchcock), A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Shop around the Corner, Marathon Man, The Dirty Dozen, Spartacus, Giant (Elizabeth Taylor), The Manchurian Candidate (Angela Lansbury etc)

Movies that are on/off depressing like Angela's Ashes: Liam, The Magdalene Sisters, Vera Drake, Philomena, Doubt, Spotlight.

I don't see that you like Westerns but I like The Missing (Tommy Lee Jones & Cate Blanchett) and The Unforgiven (Clint Eastwood)

Watch "X Company." It's a TV series about spies during WW2. Canada/Hungarian co production. Really good.

Everything before 1980 is not fake or bad picture quality and you have very pretentious taste in movies. How are you not bored while you are watching one of those?

• mokrie

The Limehouse Golem. Perfume the Story of a Murderer. Allied. Tulip Fever Lady Macbeth. The Age of Adeline. Timeline. Crusade. The Man in the Iron Mask. The 13th Warrior. The Postman. That's just a few. All great in different ways and set in different times.

• Have you seen, "The English Patient" it is a war romance, "Camelot" "Braveheart" "Gladiator" "The Ring" ????

• Steve

Try The Zookeepers Wife.

One of the best movies that no one knows about is called "11:14". You need to watch it at least three times until everything fits together. Too serious to be a comedy, too funny to be a drama.