Mike
Lv 7
Mike asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 2 years ago

What impact will ending the tax credit for electric vehicles have on global warming?

This is included in the Senate version of the tax reform bill.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • JimZ
    Lv 7
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It will certainly impact sales. It will make electric vehicles compete in a more fair way. Why should I pay for someone else's car? When you use the government to distort prices, it tends to lead to all sorts of undesirable consequences. There is much in the Senate Bill I like but it is certainly a lost opportunity. The best you can say it is better than nothing, but not much better.

• 2 years ago

Another nail in the coffin for any place less than 70 metres above sea level.

Electric cars can be charged with hydro, geothermal or nuclear power. If people insist on wind or solar power, we should run our cars on hydrogen, which can be made from electricity whenever the Sun shines or the wind blows.

• a2yar
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

slow the inevitable

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Less kids to dig for those rare Earths

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Again, Global Warming is a myth and Bloomberg came out last week and said that Tesla could run out of money by August 2018 and one of the reasons is the loss of Government subsidies.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 years ago

Not much. But it will harm US car manufacturers who, regardless of the reform bill and desires of Trump, still have to produce electric cars for some US states and international markets. I guess what that means is that by abolishing the tax credit, US citizens will be dissuaded from purchasing electric cars built by US manufacturers. America First? Yeah ... right ...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.