Constant current led power supply?

Hi there. I have 1W leds, 3.6V and 0.35A are max voltage and current rated for these leds. I tried to calculate resistors value for a circuit that contains 8 leds. But I had the problem of over heating resistors, because 0.35A is quite a lot. So I bought a constant current led power supply that output 350mA and... show more Hi there. I have 1W leds, 3.6V and 0.35A are max voltage and current rated for these leds. I tried to calculate resistors value for a circuit that contains 8 leds. But I had the problem of over heating resistors, because 0.35A is quite a lot. So I bought a constant current led power supply that output 350mA and 48V. As I connected led it burnt out. Now, I thought leds are burning when you don't have any resistor in a circuit and you supply even a little bit more of voltage needed. Since led is a diode, it will be crossed by a lot of current and eventually die. But why did it burn with a constant current led power supply? Isn't the current constant at 0.35A, the one I need? So how is the proper way to wire up leds in this way and why? Would you please tell me the best you can about leds, because it's annoying seeing them die ahah
4 answers 4