2007 subaru outback?

hello all, my last car was an older dodge neon. I just got a 07 subaru out back with 70k miles. the engine sounds very different. almost like an electric vehicle ( more like an electric golf car) is there a reason for this? is my cv axle bad?

Favorite Answer

Since you just bought this thing, I would join this site for any questions that may arise. I was on it when I had mine.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/

• F

Definitely CVT noise. Worst transmissions ever. Subaru make great cars and spoil them with this.

You need a mechanic

Normal

The opposed cylinder arrangement of the "boxer" style engine in Subaru's gives it a unique sound not unlike old VW's.. You can't compare it the Neon.

You obviously have n clue and need a mechanic.

• well no **** Sherlock Holmes. what makes you think that? there's no harm in asking a wide variety of people their personal experience with subaru.

cv joints will "pop" when their going out. I think its all in getting used to this new car.

• JetDoc

Your engine sounds different because it's a different engine.

Does your car has a CVT transmission? Yes? They sound like that, like a continuous whine.