Giving up a loan horse?

I have been loaning horses from someone for three years. The first horse I had with her was sold and I was only told one week before she was taken to her new owners which I always thought was poor of her. She never even told me she was considering selling I am now loaning another horse from her but haven't... show more I have been loaning horses from someone for three years. The first horse I had with her was sold and I was only told one week before she was taken to her new owners which I always thought was poor of her. She never even told me she was considering selling

I am now loaning another horse from her but haven't connected with it in the same way as the first one. My life is now moving in another direction and with less time spare I have decided I don't want to continue.

I also feel like I'm not treated fairly by her at the yard and this has certainly contributed to my decision and has made the experience less and less enjoyable

I don't have a contract but want to be fair and give her a few months notice. This lady can be quite abrupt and I am worried about how she will react, I want to do it to her face to show courtesy but how is the best way to go about telling her?