Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsMusic & Music Players · 3 years ago

Apple Ipods?

I'm clueless about Apple Ipods. I was looking to get one for my son but I don't know if it's compatible with windows 7. I also don't know the difference between Ipod generation 5 & 6.

If it's not compatible, is there anything that resembles an Ipod? I'm looking for a decent sized screen to play music videos.

Anyone know the battery life?

Thanks!

Thanks for both of your answers. I can only choose one as best answer even though you both deserve it. Thanks again!!! :)

Favorite Answer

Hello, Ipods will work with windows computers but you will have to download Itunes on to it for ease of use (Itunes is free). This is a program that will be able to link to the Ipod (via a USB cable that should come with said Ipod) so you can transfer music/photos/ videos etc onto it.

Ipod 6 is newer and there may be a few updates, but at the the end of the day it will have all the same main features as previous gens - be able to connect to the internet, take photos, play media etc.

Hope this helps.

• SRΛSC

Yes iPods work with Windows, since XP, through 7 & currently 10.

I assume you are referring to the iPod touch 5G & 6G (there are several models of iPods with several generations, (classic, touch, nano, shuffle)) though now only the touch remains.

As far as the 2 of them, should get the 6 since the 5 is basically unsupported at this point.