Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 3 years ago

Is it lame for a guy to drive a car, Not a truck?

I m about to get my first vehicle. I m probably going to get a truck but I feel like a car would be better, cheaper to buy, cheaper on gas, and more comfortable to be in and drive, but i feel like it s really lame for a guy to drive a sedan, it may just be that I live in West Virginia and everyone does though.

Favorite Answer

Redneck fever strikes again! Hey it's all good, I'm a total redneck and I don't even live in the USA. I get it.

My first vehicle was a truck, so was my second vehicle, and my third and fourth vehicle. My wife drives a 'Murican SUV, a big one, because she likes trucks too. But I currently drive a Toyota Camry, and I'm totally okay with it. I learned to drive in a Japanese sedan, and the type of vehicle you learned how to drive in will always be 'home' when you're behind the wheel. But having lots of experience with both, let's look overt the pros and cons.

For gas consumption and overall handling on public roads, nothing competes with a Euro / Japanese compact sedan. They're built low to the ground, they're extremely well balanced, and those little sewing-machine engines crank out a whole lot of horsepower while saving you a fortune at the gas pumps. But because there is always a catch, there's a catch.

When you drive a sedan, the catch is you get no respect on the road. Little sedans, even the really cool ones, don't get any respect. If you want respect from your fellow motorists, you need a truck. Any truck. Lemmy explain...

On North American roads, there is a rule of nature that is never broken. That rule says might is right and size does matter, and there are no exceptions allowed and no excuses accepted. Would you cut off an 18-wheeler and expect to get away with it? How about a train? How about a 747? Of course you wouldn't, because might is right and size does matter. You know that if you get into a crash with a much bigger vehicle than yours, you'll lose. If you're on the freeway in a Honda Accord and you signal for a lane change, you're saying "excuse me, I'd like to merge now if it's okay". Drive that same freeway in a truck (even a small pickup) and put your signal on, and you're saying "I'm taking this lane, you can move if you want" and people will listen. People fear trucks, because might is right and size does matter. Never forget that.

And since you mentioned lame, stay away from any minivan. Pickups aren't lame, sedans aren't lame, commercial trucks are definitely not lame and even SUVs aren't lame. But minivans are totally lame, in fact there is no way to possibly be cool whilst driving a minivan. Even if you pimp it up, with the grapefruit-shooting tailpipe and the whoomp-whoomp box and the tints and the I'm-too-cool-to-drive-on-black-pavement lights, you still won't be cool in a minivan. Because minivans are as not-cool as it can possibly get.

Choose your own vehicle. Men define their cars (or trucks), not the other way around. I drive a 16 year old Prius to work, where I drive an F350 SuperDuty 4X4 to some barely accessible sites. In a couple months I will probably drive a snow cat occasionally.

Best not to listen to people who are always asking "does this car make my butt look big?"

Get the car, don't allow yourself to be controlled by what other peeps might think.

Yes you are right. People say I drive a hairdressers car. I dont care

The car that I got the most women was a 07 HYUNDAI YES HYUNDAI!!!! sonata. I modded the exhaust (sounded deep not like the Hondas), it was slow but I made it seem fast. I ended up getting a heavily modified Jeep and women complain its rough. The jeep has 1k watts subs, big lift, big tires, you name it. The hyundai was show-room detailed (by me), was very comfy and was kinda fast. When you look over at your passenger and say guess what we are going and they say "what?", and you reply "Only 135" they look at you like "Nice". Loved that car.

Disclaimer: dont street race or exceed the posted speed limits :)

• Ron

It's lame for you to ask this question

• JetDoc

What's REALLY "lame" is to drive your mommy's mini-van.

• Dave

It's lame for a guy to drive a car OR a truck, get a motorbike ;)

• Never

Its lame for any teenage troll to worry about what he drives.

All 3 of my nephews drive old SUVs.

If you don't need a truck, then get a sedan. You already pointed out the benefits of a sedan. Don't always follow what others do. Have your own mind and opinions.