How do I tell my boyfriend, that I may not be alive in five years or so?

Hello everyone. I am a 25 year old male and I have been in a relationship with my 23 year old boyfriend for nearly three and a half years. We have been living together for 1 year. I adore him to the ends of the earth and would never wish to harm him in any way, which is why I need of some advice on how to come... show more Hello everyone. I am a 25 year old male and I have been in a relationship with my 23 year old boyfriend for nearly three and a half years. We have been living together for 1 year. I adore him to the ends of the earth and would never wish to harm him in any way, which is why I need of some advice on how to come clean to him regarding some issues I have that he is not aware of. I was born with a rare heart defect called Ebstein's Anomaly and was told by my Cardiologist that it is a severe enough case, that she predicts my life expectancy would range somewhere in my early thirties, which is five years or so away. I have known this information since I was the age of 15 and yet, I have been unable to tell my boyfriend about it; let alone that I have anything wrong with me. He is beginning to talk about the ideas of starting a lifelong journey together and he seems so genuinely excited for our relationship to become a promise, that it terrifies me to tell him. How do I tell my boyfriend, who is so precious to me, that my life could possibly end, right before his is truly beginning; right before our relationship is becoming something truly permanent? It terrifies me to think that I may leave him, hurt him, scare him and I am truly lost on what to do or how to tell him, or even if it is a good idea to tell him. Is it selfish of me to tell him? To not tell him? To be with him when I know I may not be here in five years? Please tell me what I need to do to deal with this situation.