Can I get into UC Santa Barbra with 1140 SAT score?

Hey I am a exchange student from South Korea

I am a junior in high school and I have 3.94 gpa (without counting ap class) and 1140 sat score. I am taking 1 AP class and planing to take 4 in my senior year. I am part of the honors orchestra (top in my school)(did it through highschool year), did a violin tutor to a young kids for service hours, in the School of the Art program, in a club called quick recall, have about 60 service hours, and performed at the Kentucky center of the arts 3 times. English is not my first language, and I can afford the tuition fee.

Do you think I will get in to UCSB?

Favorite Answer

If you're a junior, why not retake the SAT for a better score? You have plenty of time to take a prep class and retake the exam. It's not impossible to be admitted with an 1140 SAT, but it's well below the 25% mark (i.e., 75% of admitted UCSB applicants score a 1210 or higher).

Make sure you've completed all of the a-g requirements for admission to a UC.

http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/campus...

Look up UCSB at cappex,com and see what sort of SAT and unweighted GPA is needed to get in. I expect 1140 to be on the low side. More a score for a Cal State school.