What are some affordable hotels near broadway nyc?

I'm planning a trip to go see dear evan hansen (music box theatre). I would only be staying for one night, maybe two if absolutely needed. my limit it $150 for a night, preferably more around $100. also any tips about being in new york for the first time would be much appreciated, like food, taxis, places to... show more I'm planning a trip to go see dear evan hansen (music box theatre). I would only be staying for one night, maybe two if absolutely needed. my limit it $150 for a night, preferably more around $100. also any tips about being in new york for the first time would be much appreciated, like food, taxis, places to avoid (like rough areas, or just sucky places in general)
Update: I mean, I looked at trivago and there were some pretty good prices I also already have the tickets. I'm going in may