How can I get rid of my eczema?

CONTEXT: A while back (1 or 2 years) I started scratching the back of my head a lot. Since my hair covered it, no one noticed (including myself) I had started getting a rash and it never occurred to me that I should stop scratching. After a horrible haircut, however, the hairline on the back of my head was... show more CONTEXT:
A while back (1 or 2 years) I started scratching the back of my head a lot. Since my hair covered it, no one noticed (including myself) I had started getting a rash and it never occurred to me that I should stop scratching.

After a horrible haircut, however, the hairline on the back of my head was ridiculously high, and a HORRIBLE case of eczema was completely visible, no hair masking it at all. It was VERY bad. Since I can't see the back of my own head, I asked my friend to describe it for me, and he said it looked like a huge red spider egg.

This was quite some time ago, but I still have it and it causes mild dandruff and if I get clippers below a 4 it is visible (and quite gross).

QUESTION:
How should I go about permanently curing my eczema? I try my best not to scratch it, but even when I don't for weeks at a time it doesn't seem to get much better. I sometimes put lotion on it, but I've been trying to get it to go away for months now and it seems hopeless.

Should I go to a specialist? That would be expensive and I feel like they'd just give me more lotion and say don't scratch.

At this point I'm desperate. I'll do anything if it guarantees my eczema will permanently be cured. If you could substantiate your advice with a reliable source I'd appreciate it. Thanks !!