.45 acp Recoil?

Hello all I am 13 and about 100 pounds I shoot .40 s&w primarily. I commonly shoot a glock 23 and 27 with a little bit of 22. I was wondering if I would be able to handle a gun in .45 acp. Thank you for your answers they are much appreciated.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • L.N.
    Lv 7
    2 years ago
    Best Answer

A full size 1911 in .45 ACP will have less felt recoil than your typical .40 S&W. The weight of the pistol makes a lot of difference.

• Mr.357
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

My youngest son was shooting his brother's Springfield XD 45 one handed when he was 12. Are you tougher than a 12 year old?

• 2 years ago

My 11-year old daughter weighs about 90 pounds and actually prefers the 1911 .45 ACP over the 9mm. She has also fired a couple of different .22s, a .380 and a .41. I think, like her, you will have little trouble with the .45.

• 2 years ago

Chances are if you can comfortably shoot .40 then .45 will be manageable, as well.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

If you can handle the 50* you can handle the 60acp, assuming both are shooting standard factory loads.

• 2 years ago

If you can handle the .40 S&W the .45 ACP in a full size gun won't be a problem.

• 2 years ago

I don't think you would have a problem. I personally find .40 to have a sharper, more unpleasant recoil than .45.

• 2 years ago

I don't think you would have a problem with a .45.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Hunting needs is so rude. It hurts animals. Your parents have serious issues to get you dangerous things like that

• JES
      Lv 6
      2 years agoReport

Your balls haven't dropped yet.

• 2 years ago

Hunting is he worst thing to do. It hurts innocent animals. You have fool parents if they let you do that. We get our kids good gifts. Like the iPhone X, macs and 4k TVs. You kids that hunt have issues and are violent

• JES
      Lv 6
      2 years agoReport

It's a shame if you really have bred more of your kind.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.