.45 acp Recoil?

Hello all I am 13 and about 100 pounds I shoot .40 s&w primarily. I commonly shoot a glock 23 and 27 with a little bit of 22. I was wondering if I would be able to handle a gun in .45 acp. Thank you for your answers they are much appreciated.

• L.N.
    Best Answer

A full size 1911 in .45 ACP will have less felt recoil than your typical .40 S&W. The weight of the pistol makes a lot of difference.

• Mr.357

My youngest son was shooting his brother's Springfield XD 45 one handed when he was 12. Are you tougher than a 12 year old?

My 11-year old daughter weighs about 90 pounds and actually prefers the 1911 .45 ACP over the 9mm. She has also fired a couple of different .22s, a .380 and a .41. I think, like her, you will have little trouble with the .45.

Chances are if you can comfortably shoot .40 then .45 will be manageable, as well.

If you can handle the 50* you can handle the 60acp, assuming both are shooting standard factory loads.

If you can handle the .40 S&W the .45 ACP in a full size gun won't be a problem.

I don't think you would have a problem. I personally find .40 to have a sharper, more unpleasant recoil than .45.

I don't think you would have a problem with a .45.

Hunting needs is so rude. It hurts animals. Your parents have serious issues to get you dangerous things like that

• JES
      2 years agoReport

Your balls haven't dropped yet.

Hunting is he worst thing to do. It hurts innocent animals. You have fool parents if they let you do that. We get our kids good gifts. Like the iPhone X, macs and 4k TVs. You kids that hunt have issues and are violent

• JES
      2 years agoReport

It's a shame if you really have bred more of your kind.