The Romans put the title, "King of the Jews at the top of Jesus' cross. Was Jesus the King of the Jews?

Where in the Bible does it explain why King of Judah was Jesus' rightful title?

Favorite Answer

Yes, the Romans mocked Jesus by putting a crown of thorns on his head and the title, "King of the Jews" over his head. The truth is that Jesus really was the King of Judah and the King of Jews. He is now King of the Universe. God carefully chose his parents. It wasn't an accident that the son born to Mary and Joseph was the rightful king of Judah.

A day is set aside once a year for a world that tends to reject authority to acknowledge Jesus as King.

Yes of course Jesus was the actual King of the Jews do you not remember when Jesus rode into Jerusalem and they tried to make him King they knew that Jesus was legally King read the book of Matthew chapter 1 where it's documented Jesus pedigree he was in line to legally be the king that's why it's documented in Matthew chapter 1 it's called the begats and it's there so that you know that Jesus was legally the king the Jews were mad at Jesus because Jesus refused to become king when they tried to make him the king and laughed in their faces pretty much leaving them embarrassed and from that day forward they sought to kill him

• HOOT

No, he was not the "king" of the Jews. In fact, when Pilate asked Jesus if he was king of the Jews, Jesus said "My Kingdom is no part of this world. If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my Kingdom is not from this source." Jesus is king over God's heavenly kingdom. He is not king over an earthly, human kingdom.

Jesus wasn't king of the Jews, he was called that by Jews. He said "You say so" when questioned by Pilate. Jesus Christ is the king of the universe.

NO

It was mocking him. His crime was affronting Cesar, who was considered a demi-god himself. The engraving is a way to say "ok if yo say so..." That's what the crown of thorns was all about too.

No, but he was captain of his bowling team.