How do I get my computer to load the windows reinstallation cd from my usb cd drive? Stuck in a boot loop?

Favorite Answer

First off go into BIOS and make sure that secure boot is disabled and that Legacy support is enabled and that your boot menu F12 is enabled next turn your computer completely off and hold the power button in a full 40 seconds now start your computer up and hit your boot menu key sometimes it's Escape sometimes it's at 12 sometimes it's after 10 you need to look up on the Internet what your boot menu is for your computer buy it's making model once you see the boot menu choose your boot device where Windows installer is then hit enter if your media is okay windows will begin its setup process if there's something wrong with your media it's not going to work properly

• David

Once you start the installation and it prompts to shutdown remove the CD from the USB drive. It should then boot and complete the installation