Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicClassical · 2 years ago

I'm going to see a classical concert next week, I want to prepare some flower for the soloist (pianist), when should I give it?

I'm going to see a classical concert next week, I want to prepare a bouquet of

flower for the soloist (pianist), should I give it at the end of the concert? Do I just walk to the front, and hand it to the performer? What if he doesn't see me?

Where should I keep the flower during the concert? Under the chair? in a bag?

Favorite Answer

If you really want to do this:

Make sure you're in the front row, or at least on the aisle in the first 3-4 rows. Climbing over people for something like that is incredibly gauche. You can hold a flower in your lap. It's generally best to wait until the first callback, when the soloist has left the stage and come back out for a second bow. Don't make the mistake, as one kid I saw did, of walking up to the stage at the end of the first movement before the piece is even over.

Flowers used to be almost routine, but it's done less and less often these days.