My ear was ringing so loudly until I took a xanax and then it almost totally went away, so confused?

I know sometimes ears can ring from stress/anxiety and I'm home from school right now which is a very stressful environment since I had a lot of childhood trauma here. But my ear was ringing super loudly which I assumed was from all the fluid build up in my ears and sinus issues I have but after I took a xanax... show more I know sometimes ears can ring from stress/anxiety and I'm home from school right now which is a very stressful environment since I had a lot of childhood trauma here. But my ear was ringing super loudly which I assumed was from all the fluid build up in my ears and sinus issues I have but after I took a xanax for my anxiety which I only do when it's unbearable, the ringing/static sound in my ear is almost totally gone. I can still hear faint static sound in my one ear that has more of a fluid build up in it but I'm wondering if my anxiety made me so hyper focused on it that it made the ringing in my ear worse and it just made it seem worse or if my anxiety just intensified the ringing in my ear since anxiety can cause temporary tinnitus sometimes. Anyone have any ideas if my anxiety could have made the ringing worse or made me feel like it was way worse? It's just crazy how my xanax made it almost totally go away and I didn't expect that at all.
1 answer 1