Help diagnosed my son. Because the dr didn't.?

Okayyyyy so my son. Has constipation. At first i though he had chronic constipation but the dr said it's not. He sees a gastrointestinal dr. Well he is always constipated! He can go days without pooping. And even vomits. And when he poops. Is rabit poops. Well the dr said: He's intestines don't... show more Okayyyyy so my son. Has constipation. At first i though he had chronic constipation but the dr said it's not.

He sees a gastrointestinal dr. Well he is always constipated! He can go days without pooping. And even vomits. And when he poops. Is rabit poops. Well the dr said:

He's intestines don't produce water to moist the stool. So it gets stuck or sometimes passes rock dry.

So im guessing something in his body isn't sending a signal to his intestines to moist it. So he takes medication to produce that water. The thing is. He will for the rest of his little life will take meds for that. But he never gave me a diagnosis?! He just said he has a fuctional bowel? How in the world is that a fuctional bowel!!! With out the meds he will inflate! To me a fuctional bowel is like me or others that dont have to take medication to poo. So help me out guys. What do you call that