Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationClimbing · 3 years ago

Why do markhor climb cliffs?

Favorite Answer

I dont know particularly about Markhor. But I know about Nepalese Pashmina Goats also known as “Chyangra” and Himalayan Tahr which are the closest thing to Markhor that live in Nepal, and many other himalayan deers( musk deer or naur aka himalayan blue sheep). And they also climb the cliffs.

I think that the reason they climb the cliffs is to find food, new young green grass shoots. And also to escape the preditors like humans or bears, as they cant escape other preditors like snow leopards or himalayan eagles by climbing the cliffs.