How do I transfer a bunch of photos from an SD card to my computer if my computer can't store that many photos?

I wanted to make a time lapse of the stars all night but I don’t know how to do that. Where do I store the space? Would using a big capacity SD card work? But how do I get the photos onto a computer for editing if there are too many photos for my computer to store. Would doing something like uploading a few... show more I wanted to make a time lapse of the stars all night but I don’t know how to do that. Where do I store the space? Would using a big capacity SD card work? But how do I get the photos onto a computer for editing if there are too many photos for my computer to store. Would doing something like uploading a few thousand pictures at a time to my computer then putting it into a video then deleting them to make room for the next photos? I would think the video would take up less space than the photos. Then I would delete them so I can upload more photos. Would that work? If not, then how do I do it?