Was LaVar Ball wrong in saying Trump had little to do with the release of his son from China or no?

"Who?" Ball told ESPN when asked about Trump's role in the situation. "What was he over there for? Don't tell me nothing. Everybody wants to make it seem like he helped me out” President Trump on Sunday shot back at Lavar Ball, the father of one of the UCLA basketball players arrested in... show more "Who?" Ball told ESPN when asked about Trump's role in the situation. "What was he over there for? Don't tell me nothing. Everybody wants to make it seem like he helped me out”
President Trump on Sunday shot back at Lavar Ball, the father of one of the UCLA basketball players arrested in China,
“Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!

So who is wrong,, Trump or LaVar Ball?