My new dog has zero energy. What should I do?

I have been wanting a dog for years to go for walks and jogs. Go for rides. Just a have fun with. I talked to a few rescues about what I was looking for and was told about this 4 yr old bully that s just right. I visited him and he s awesome. They don t do trial runs so i could only see what he was like from the... show more I have been wanting a dog for years to go for walks and jogs. Go for rides. Just a have fun with. I talked to a few rescues about what I was looking for and was told about this 4 yr old bully that s just right. I visited him and he s awesome. They don t do trial runs so i could only see what he was like from the short time i was around him. Ended up getting him yesterday and he s just a bum. I think he s incredibly sweet and well behaved but he doesn t even go past a block or 2 before he s done and even then i have to walk slow. I get its only his second day but I m worried this is how he ll always be. If that s the case i don t think we are a match. He has to be lifted in to the car cause he won t jump, he s incredibly slow on the stairs all of which makes me worried cause I m personally injured and have weight restrictions do lifting 60 lbs multiple times is killer and I live in the top floor. I don t know what to do with him cause all he does is sleep on his back all day or cuddles on the couch and sleeps. I m taking him to the vet this week to see if something is wrong with him and its holding him back but if this is how he is, is their a way to get him more energized or do you think its better to return him?
1 answer 1