Got my spinning ring stuck?

So I have one of those spinning rings where the outer part spins around, and I had taken off the outer ring because it wasnt spinning very well so I wanted to see if I could clean out the under part. Anyway, I was putting the outer ring back on, and it got stuck, only half of it completely back on the the other... show more So I have one of those spinning rings where the outer part spins around, and I had taken off the outer ring because it wasnt spinning very well so I wanted to see if I could clean out the under part. Anyway, I was putting the outer ring back on, and it got stuck, only half of it completely back on the the other half is only partway on. I´ve tried using pliers, soaking it in water, and forcefully pushing it back on but it won´t budge. Any ideas?
Update: Are there any ideas anyone has that will make the ring go back to normal??
Update 2: Okay, so let me explain this better. I have one of those rings that goes on your finger, and its called a spinning ring. Look it up for a visual. Theres an outer part to the ring that spins around when you flick it. There´s also the inner part of the ring, which the outer part spins around on . Anyway, I had taken... show more Okay, so let me explain this better. I have one of those rings that goes on your finger, and its called a spinning ring. Look it up for a visual. Theres an outer part to the ring that spins around when you flick it. There´s also the inner part of the ring, which the outer part spins around on . Anyway, I had taken off the outer part, and when i was putting it back on, it got stuck only partway on. I cant get it back on or take it off.