Trying to sell junk car to personal buyer, have question about title?

Recently bought a car from a military guy who was pcs’ing soon that turned out to have more issues than what he told me, so now I’m trying to junk sell it to a personal buyer. Is there anything I have to do with the title? I am currently in California and the guy got the car in Indiana. We both signed the back, so... show more Recently bought a car from a military guy who was pcs’ing soon that turned out to have more issues than what he told me, so now I’m trying to junk sell it to a personal buyer. Is there anything I have to do with the title?

I am currently in California and the guy got the car in Indiana. We both signed the back, so I guess it’s a closed title now? I just want to know if I can sell the car with the title as is without any issue on my part. The buyer knows I am selling it as a junk car.

California had the smog restriction, which because of its issues, it won’t pass, but Indiana doesn’t have those kind of requirements I guess, so I know the registration on that part is good till it has to be renewed. So say, if the buyer wanted to register it here they would need to fix the problems, but if they did it in another state (like Indiana) they wouldn’t have to worry about that.

Also, do I need to do anything with the registration since I am selling it as a junk car? He could not find the current registration papers before he left, but he is supposed to be getting me new ones sent over.