What is your favorite kitchen hack?
- Anonymous3 years agoFavorite Answer
1. If you use a wooden chopping board, soak it before use. Ensure it is fully wet then wipe off any excess. This will ensure your food stays put when you are trying to cut it. It also protects your board from stains. Rubbing the board with oil instead of water is good when preparing fish or garlic. It will stop the board smelling even after washing.
2. When heating a pan to cook or sear meat it needs to be very hot. Put 2 tbsp of water in the pan when you turn on the heat. When the water has gone, the pan is hot enough to begin cooking.
3. Learn to use chopsticks. They’re more versatile than any kitchen tool and give far greater control when frying, stirring and whisking etc. They’re a great time saver and there’s less washing up.
4. When roasting meats in the oven, place sliced bread under the meat. Not only will it stop the meat from sticking but the bread will soak up excess fat. Especially good for sliced bacon.
5. If you cook gluten-free and have leftover rice, blend it in a food processor to make a thick paste. Freeze in ice cube trays. This rice can be used to thicken sauces in place of flour.
- 3 years ago
this is the games category, who on earth in here could help you