Steve McQueen or Paul Newman?

I think there feud during The Towering Inferno (1974) is legendary and maybe a bit silly. Both argued over billing as both wanted top billing, I think they each had sane number of lines and same salary. I know McQueen was the highest paid actor at the time and did several good films like The Magnificent Seven... show more I think there feud during The Towering Inferno (1974) is legendary and maybe a bit silly.

Both argued over billing as both wanted top billing, I think they each had sane number of lines and same salary.

I know McQueen was the highest paid actor at the time and did several good films like The Magnificent Seven (1960), The Great Escape (1963), The Sand Pebbles (1966), Bullitt (1968), Thomas Crown Affair (1968), Le Mans (1971), The Getaway (1972) and Papilon (1973)

But Newman did many very good films and was Oscar nominated for a lot of films, he was good in

Someone Up There Likes Me (1958)
The Hustler (1961)
Cat On A Hot Tin Roof
Cool Hand Luke (1967)
Butch Cassidy (1969)

He had just done The Sting (1973) which I prefer to any McQueen film, he eventually won Oscar for The Color Of Money (1986)

I think Newman was better looking, McQueen aged quite quickly, I was surprised he was only 50 when he died, he looked older before, Newman was married for 50 years to same woman, very admirable and rare, McQueen was a womaniser, had many women.

I think Steve McQueen was the equivelant of Marlon Brando, whereas Newman was more like a real actor.