Is it possible my temperture gauge for my computer went out while cleaning my CPU?

My computer has been saying it is running VERY HOT as in 100c , before I clean my computer it would only get up to 65c at max. It would also blow out prettt hot air that would make my space warm. But now that I’ve cleaned it, it doesn’t even get loud or heat up the space around me. This is what is leading me to... show more My computer has been saying it is running VERY HOT as in 100c , before I clean my computer it would only get up to 65c at max. It would also blow out prettt hot air that would make my space warm. But now that I’ve cleaned it, it doesn’t even get loud or heat up the space around me. This is what is leading me to think that the temp gauge has malfunctioned on my computer. I also touch my and felt around my CPU to see if I could physically feel heat and didn’t feel anything.