Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 years ago

How to become FBI hrt?

Does it require a college degree?

Best Answer

Some hefty training - hostage rescue is similar to the police special weapons and tactics units within state police - I would dare think you will need to be employed within the federal police and military training wouldn't go a stray

As for university - yes unfortunately for you - it's required.

--- disagree with the other answer - unless they're referring to federal police training.

Go to cop school

Source(s):

....I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander.

During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union.

I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration....