Grandma trying to guilt us or is it in my head?

I have an elderly family member who says things that bug me. She says things to try make me feel guilty. Like if i say i might come over and see her, but im visiting someone else first so im not sure yet, she says thats ok ill fit in with whatever you want and laughs. It was a friday night, i needed her to do... show more I have an elderly family member who says things that bug me. She says things to try make me feel guilty. Like if i say i might come over and see her, but im visiting someone else first so im not sure yet, she says thats ok ill fit in with whatever you want and laughs.

It was a friday night, i needed her to do something for me and she originally said she ll do it on thatt day. She offered to make me dinner and i said oh no thats ok i can t stay.after that she said oh no im not doing it today. I had to call her after that and she said "so i guess its going to be a quiet weekend for me". I said yes and hung up.

She offers to get me something from the fridge and says "ill get it for you then shall i?".

But she has put me down in front of others in the family. Criticizing me. I have to say she is my partners grandma. He was always the golden child.she bitches about his other family members to me, but not to him. A few times she seemed annoyed with me. And she talks down to me when he isn t around.

She is quite negative too and draining to be around too much. I love her BUT we both work full time. I like to spend most weeknights at home. One night a week seems enough for me. Am i overreacting.

I might add she is very old, has no social life and stays home all day everyday. She is in exceptional health but doesn t make the most of it.

Are we treating her bad? Should we feel guilty