Why are girls so mean at soccer?

Tryouts were today and yesterday. My friend Mehwish and I had no experience (we're new and we wanted just to play for fun) but here in the US, it's so competitive. These girls have been playing for so long. I didn't care if I was to get in or not - I was having fun on the 1st day of tryouts. But 2nd day... show more Tryouts were today and yesterday. My friend Mehwish and I had no experience (we're new and we wanted just to play for fun) but here in the US, it's so competitive. These girls have been playing for so long. I didn't care if I was to get in or not - I was having fun on the 1st day of tryouts. But 2nd day (today) we actually had games. Here are some things our 2 other "friends" said to us during them:

- (on me saying I preferred defense) "God If you are going to play defense, actually be good at it"
- "Do you need help" (condescending tone)
- "TRY HARDER" (i was trying :( )
- "Do you even know how to play"
- "No not like that!"

mehwish cried at the end of tryouts (when we were in private)

Why were they so mean? The coach said it didn't matter if we won or lost, he was trying just to see us play!