Why does the emergency services not close on Christmas day?

I'm currently training to be a paramedic, but I'm a little peeved at the holidays situation. I wish they would allow us to take Christmas day & boxing day off. I have asked my colleagues about this and they all seem to give me funny looks when I talk about it. I think we should we encourage the public... show more I'm currently training to be a paramedic, but I'm a little peeved at the holidays situation. I wish they would allow us to take Christmas day & boxing day off.

I have asked my colleagues about this and they all seem to give me funny looks when I talk about it. I think we should we encourage the public to be more careful around Christmas & tell them to take care when using carving knives, avoid walking on ice, and stick to the speed limit on the roads?

Should I approach my boss about taking time off around Christmas time? I am not sure if he would actually grant me it though. Should I make him an offer he can't refuse by seducing him or something? I could take all my clothes off and lie across his desk and bite my lip - I know this might sound a little crazy but I need to do something though!

Everyone should buy band-aids around Christmas, avoid going up ladders, don't use power tools unless absolutely necessary - keep yourself out of harms way.

I really don't want to take desperate measures by slashing Ambulance tyres on Christmas eve or breaking windows etc. Any advice would be much appreciated? Thank you.
15 answers 15