Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 3 years ago

Can you tell me how accounts like this are getting so many points?

Btw whoever reported this question, I appealed it and won. Your reporting influence has been reduced.

• J. J..
    Favorite Answer

There are three accounts Khiem, Khiem (with an accent on the e) and Bao Cong. They are bots.

They started answering questions with a single dot at a time when CM was not working and got up to level 7 whilst CM was down. They now answer 160 questions a day each with a single dot, making no attempt to answer the question. They also ask the maximum number of questions per day (I don't speak Vietnamese, but it looks like spam) and they award best answer to one of the other two accounts, even though the answer is just a dot.. Therefore they rack up approx 2000 points a week despite a number of people reporting and deleting 20 answers per week each. Losing 200 points a week to these accounts is chicken feed.

I have personally written to yahoo about them and was ignored - but I still regularly report all three accounts.

Often the questions appear to be exempt from reporting as it states "We are having problems, please try again later" but of course you can't try again as you can only report the question once, and that failed report has registered.

I am being cynical here, but I wouldn't be surprised if those three accounts I named account for a high percentage of the traffic in the Vietnamese portal and yahoo don't want to lose the number of clicks as their revenue from advertising depends on the number of clicks. I know other people have written about them to the answers team and customer care - but yahoo do nothing.

The problem that yahoo has now,is because they have allowed these three accounts to get away with it for so long, others are trying it also. You often see a Vietnamese question with seven or eight answers and all of them are a single dot.

• Tidus
      3 years agoReport

I mucked up the math a bit,total points added up for the week for answers & best answers is 3640 points.

• Daniel

Some users have been on here for years and have Answered a lot of Questions and gotten a lot of there Answers Picked as the Best Answer

• Mercy

Bots and several accounts answering their own "questions".

Reported

Think they are bots.

• ?

They answer a lot of questions, get BAs awarded.

PS many have several times those points, at least one or maybe two have over a million points