How to describe nationality of a German-Brazilian.?

He was born in Brazil, so technically he is Brazilian, but if he were to describe his nationality by using where his parents were from (German father/Brazilian mother), which does he say first; Brazilian-German, or German-Brazilian? Or should he still simply ID himself by only one (which one)?
Update: Some self-righteous replies leave me to wonder why I even bothered to ask the internet. I'm not trying to label someone or find a legal answer. It's a technical question and I added random nationalities to try to make it simple. If someone, anyone, wanted in casual conversation (because some people do... show more Some self-righteous replies leave me to wonder why I even bothered to ask the internet. I'm not trying to label someone or find a legal answer. It's a technical question and I added random nationalities to try to make it simple. If someone, anyone, wanted in casual conversation (because some people do this), to describe their heritage/nationality/ethnicity/backgroun... by saying their parents' nationalities, is it correct to do so with the father's country listed first, or the mother's?