Will this RAM and SSD work with this Motherboard?

Will Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz and a WD Blue 250gb ssd work with a ASUS ROG Strix X370-F GAMING Motherboard? Im curious because i have been having trouble installing windows 10 to my PC the MOBO bios is very confusing when trying to boot from a windows 10 USB

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Matt
    Lv 4
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes both the RAM and SSD are compatible. The reason why you are getting confused is because all these newer boards uses UEFI Bios and boot devices, so you need to create a UEFI based Windows 10 bootable USB to install Windows. When the computer boots, pres f9 key repeatedly, you will then be presented with a boot device selection menu. From there choose your USB drive but make sure it says UEFI in the title. The boot selection menu might show the USB twice, one for legacy option and one for UEFI. select the UEFI one and you are sorted.

If you don't know how to create an UEFI based Windows 10 installation USB, check out this tutorial.

https://youtu.be/QC_qKKFYAcc

Youtube thumbnail

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 years ago

Your chips run the best with DDR4-2667 or higher memory. That's the speed the CPU will clock the memory to. Ryzen chips will work with DDR4-2400 though. Based on my experience with Corsair memory, it's always been problematic and it doesn't fare that well with Ryzen. It would be a good measure for you to check the memory QVL list on your motherboard.

I'd like to know if you can even boot into the BIOS screen? If you can then updating the BIOS may help you out. Ryzen systems had trouble with memory compatibility at the beginning, in which case a lot of that has been ironed out by BIOS updates that improve memory compatibility.

I'd suggest reading the manual. Make the the memory is connected to the right slots an make sure the hard drive is connected into the first SATA port. The M.2 version of the WD Blue drive will disable one on the SATA ports on your motherboard. So if you have your storage drive connected into that disabled port, that could be causing your issue.

If you're getting to the part of the Windows installation where you are selecting the drive to place the O.S. on, the process will get hung up if that WD Blue drive has already been used as the C: drive in another system. There should be an option to reformat the drive but in this case I would recommend Secure Erasing the SSD drive to reset the cells and give the drive a fresh start.

• ...Show all comments
    • m8xpayne
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

It would also be a good idea to go into the BIOS to make sure the SATA mode is set to ACHI and make sure the BIOS mode is set to UEFI and not Legacy.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.